Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Swarm Sketch

This is a disappointing project to contribute in.  The initial goal and idea of the crowd sourcing project is a great one. The previous sketch results were very well done and very interesting. However, lately there has either not been enough people contributing or people aren't even trying to draw the proposed sketch.  It seemed interesting at first but after the second contribution it became more disappointing than exciting.  

The first project I started contributing to was the creation of Bret Hedican

This is a picture of what Bret Hedican actually looks like:

Here are my contributions to the project:

1
Trying to draw the eyebrow/nose line

2
Here I continued my drawing of the nose

3
Trying to draw hair
 This is what the final picture looked like. Obviously not very close to the original like some of the other projects. Although I am happy because my lines were all still at 100% opacity.

The second one I contributed to was the creation of Moussa Koussa.

Here is what Moussa Koussa actually looks like:

Here are my contributions to the project:

1
Adding to the glasses
 2
Adding more to the glasses
 Final Composition:

This one was even more disappointing because a face isn't even recognizable.
Overall this is a fun project to contribute in to see how people interact and add to each others lines.  It goes to show that some people can anticipate what another person is trying to draw.  However, over time I believe this project has lost its spark and is no longer as popular as it was.  In return the compositions are not as good as they could be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment