Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crowdsource Contribution (1): The Johnny Cash Project

I decided to contribute to the Johnny Cash project.
This took me almost an hour and a half to finish.  I had a lot of fun creating it and at the end I felt like being a little abstract with it.

Here is the original frame:

Here is my finished painting:




Fast painting can be seen here:
http://www.thejohnnycashproject.com/#/explore/TopRated/4e00361b52f7b8ef940de59e56549e986ffa53af

Artist Statement:

This collaborative project is quite amazing. The ability to recreate individual frames and put them together as a video is a brilliant idea. Contributing to this was both fun and inspiring because I like digital painting and I am a Johnny Cash fan as well.  Although I am not a great painter I felt that the outcome of this piece was pretty well done. My initial goal was to make this as realistic as possible but the abstract look came afterward.  Being able to watch the actual painting being created in fast motion was just an added benefit.  Not only does this contribute to the project but it will forever be associated and apart of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment