Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crowdsource Proposal: Coast to Coast

My idea for a crowdsource project is something called Coast to Coast. This is a video project that people across America would have to contribute to. This is essentially, a road trip across America.
First, what someone would do to contribute to this project is find a place on the map that needs to be recorded. Then they would record as much as they could of that segment of the freeway they drive on (including scenery and things around them as they drive) and upload their video. The end result of this project would be a full video showing a road trip across America. You would be able to play this at normal speed or fast speed. 
To keep this ongoing I would propose a new path each year to make it across America.


Why do this? I think that everyone has always wanted to see some part of America. This would be like taking the road trip without leaving the house. My idea came to me when I was making my long drive back to Fallon where I live. I was taking a picture out my front window with my phone and then I thought, what if we had a video showing America from coast to coast? It reminded me of Google Maps. The section where you can actually see the roads and travel on them. But to drive across America, would be quite an amazing experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment